CHAPS Abroad is open to qualified graduate students for graduate credit and upper level undergraduate students for graduate credit.
Students apply to CHAPS Abroad online through the Rutgers University Study Abroad Office. Visit the CHAPS Abroad: Athens webpage and select the Apply Now button.
- $35 application fee (can be paid in the Study Abroad Office or over the phone)
- 1-2 page personal statement (can be uploaded to the online application)
- Letters of recommendation from professors (can be requested through the online application - students should contact professors before sending them an electronic recommendation request). Letters must be written by professors who have taught you in a class. Recommendations from mentors or supervisors will not be accepted.
- Official transcripts from all universities attended (electronic submissions will not be accepted)
- Study Abroad Approval Form (non-Rutgers students only)
APPLICATION DEADLINE: March 1, 2013
For more information about the application process contact: